Friday, September 28, 2012

You want to ask me again?


  • If the papers were posted, you would see them posted. 
  • If they are not posted, they are not posted.
  • If I said I would let you know by email when they are ready, I will let you know by email when they are ready.
  • If you email me about the papers, what I think about is the guy in the pickup truck who roars up behind my car when I'm already going a safe amount over the speed limit: it will not make me go any faster, and it will not improve my mood.

4 comments:

Bardiac said...

So, are the papers ready?

(I have a shameful memory of being excessively aggressive with a professor about getting a paper back, alas.)

undine said...

They are now!

CarlD said...

Aaaaaaaahhhhh! Aaahh! Aah! Urk. I tell them my mood gets badder, and my mood compensation strategies get worser, the more quicker I try to read those things. I tell them those questions make me feel guilty, and feeling guilty makes me angry. I ask if they'd rather I read their paper in a good mood or a bad one. Then I tell them I don't make enough money to retire, so for me this is not a sprint. Usually one or another of those cleans out most of the stupid.

undine said...

CarlD, I should try those answers. I usually just given them a laser-like stare and a fixed grin, and they melt away.